Saturday, July 10, 2010

MASTERS MEET AUGUST 1st

I am sending this email to make everyone aware that the WSC Master's season is now in full swing.  We are meeting every Tuesday and Thursday night at Wenonah Swim Club from 7 pm - 9 pm.  Our workout will start promptly at 7 pm but please come any time between 7 and 9 if you have other obligations.  This team is for swimmers of all abilities.  If you are unable to make it during these times, workout on your own.  Please call me for guidance on what to do to get ready.  Some of my friends simply show up for the meet that day.  Practice has been ending around 8.  We stay and practice starts and turns also.

I thought I would take a moment to describe the "road map" for our team. I will be leading the team in our quest toward winning the Brookside Masters Meet being held on Sunday, August 1, 2010.  Information on events and times can be found on the following link:
http://www.tricountyswimming.org/Support_Documents/2010%20Leon%20Gajecki%20Masters%20Meet%20at%20Brookside%20rtf.2.pdf
Jen Drees will be assisting me on our quest toward victory.  You can communicate with us openly through this email chain or contact me at 609.617.5434 or Jen at 856.220.5543.  Please discuss what events you are interested in swimming with us at practice or by phone.  Events range from 1 lap to 8 laps.  The more events you enter the better.  Jen and I will create relay teams for those interested in swimming in relays. Cherry Valley wins this meet every year but this year they will not know what hit them. 

We are looking for ideas to create team spirit the day of the meet.  Last year we set the bar by having some great cheers and chants to start the day.  Many teams paint logos on their bodies or have t-shirts made.  I am thinking of asking to use the swim team tent and create a motivating "party" type atmosphere to create some excitement at the meet.  Please let us know what you think.

We will be having a party back at Wenonah Swim Club to celebrate our victory.  All family members and supporters are welcome.  I will be preparing a buffet that you will want to be a part of.  I sell food for a living so we will take the "wholesale" cost of the food and divide it by the number of people that show up to figure out how much it is per person.  It will be very reasonable.

I am very excited about what has occurred at  practice already.  We are very blessed to have great families and friends at the pool and this is a great way to spend time and get to know them.

Please forward this email to anyone who might be interested.  They do not need to be members of the club to represent our club at the meet.I hope to see everyone on Tuesday.

Ron LaBenski